There are thousands of sugar free products on the market today, and consumers are more empowered than ever to research specific ingredients, form their own opinions about those ingredients and share those opinions with their networks in order to influence purchase decisions.
Perceptions of Sugar Substitutes in Social Media outlines trends in conversations related to specific sugar substitutes—sucralose, aspartame, stevia and sugar alcohols—as well as general conversations and perceptions related to sugar free products.
We aimed to answer the following questions:
- What are general perceptions related to sugar free products?
- What do conversation volume and overall sentiment look like for each sugar substitute?
- What are the top positive and negative conversation drivers for each sugar substitute?
- Which sugar substitutes are perceived to be the healthiest?
- Which sugar substitutes are perceived to taste the best/worst?
- What are the most discussed side effects related to each sugar substitute?
- What are the top overall conversation topics related to each sugar substitute?
- Which specific products and categories drive the most discussion around each sugar substitute?
Who will benefit from this research?
- Companies that use sugar substitutes in their consumer products.
- Advertising and PR agencies that work with food and beverage brands.
- Market researchers
Meet the Research Team
Design, Data Viz and Production